Forums

Custom account hacker plan but with a custom domain. Possible?

As title says. The hacker plan would be perfect for my current project but it needs a domain name. Can this be configured with the custom plan widget? Thanks.

Yes. All Custom accounts have own domains enabled. Having looked at the description, it looks like we could make that clearer. Also, I should make it clear that we don't provide and register the domains, that's up to you. The feature on the account is to allow you to create a web app at a particular domain - We assume you already own it.

Ok great thanks. For clarity, I'm not trying to 'play the system', more than happy to pay more than the normal hacker account rates.

No problem, we know we need to make the description of custom plans different :-)

I had a same question, and I studied the pricelist, but doesn't saw the custom domain in "custom plan"

I saw it only after reading this thread :)

May be, you can describe new payed plan "1 custom domain minimal", or highlight the custom domain as important option in your plan comparing grid.

Hmm, I'm not sure how we could highlight it more -- since the original post on this topic, we've added the "on custom domains" to the "Custom" box, and also added it in bold at the top of the custom plan pricing dialog. But you're not the only person to miss it since then, so we obviously need to do something...

Perhaps we could replace this:

As many web apps as you need, on custom domains. No extra charge for SSL

...with something like this:

As many custom domain web apps as you need. No extra charge for SSL

...?

I think, you can distinguish it as separated line in comparison grid in https://www.pythonanywhere.com/user/yn/account/, just like you does in SECOND part of https://www.pythonanywhere.com/pricing/ page

You mean, in a separate line inside the blue boxes near the top of the page?

(When I say "near the top of the page", I guess they start halfway down the first screenful of the page)

You mean, in a separate line inside the blue boxes near the top of the page?

Yes

OK, thanks!