Forums

Daily Task running multiple times

Hello! I have a daily task scheduled to run at 14:00.

It's been running randomly throughout the day following the first call, and I wasn't sure why. Also, I'm not sure how to debug this problem.

The logs show that the task is running once a day at 14:00. What made you think it's running at other times?

Thanks for thb quick response.

My daily tasks sends a text via twilio, and I’ve been receiving 3 texts - 1 at the right time, and 2 more after.

Thanks for the quick response.

My daily tasks sends a text via twilio, and I’ve been receiving 3 texts - 1 at the right time, and 2 more after.

Hi there, I'm not sure what might be causing that. To rule out the possibility that it's your script/task on pythonanywhere, you could make it output a small log message to a file each time it runs? Then check that file for any log messages that aren't around 14:00.

If you can't find any and you're still getting extra texts, then it must be a problem on the twilio side, or perhaps something to do with the way you're calling their API, or something in the phone networks...

I'll try the logging thanks Harry!

I am having the same problem. My script sends emails thrice.

It looks like your script did run three times last night, but I think that was because you were updating the time for it to run while it was running. You originally had it scheduled for 00:40, and it started then and took just over 15 minutes to run, completing at 00:55. While it was running, at 00:43, you changed the time to 00:45 (or perhaps 00:46 -- we don't keep detailed logs), so it started again. And then, at 00:49, while both of the previous instances were running, you changed it again, so another one started up.

Hello, I wrote a python script that sends mail to me every day I run it but it reset after 5 hours anyone knows how to make the Bash console of pythonanywhere doesn't reset automatically.

@AhmedAmin our consoles are behaving like this by design, if you need a long running task, you should use Always-on task feature . Alternatively, if the task should run on schedule, check Scheduled tasks as well.