Forums

Running two apps for main domain and subdomain

Hello all,

I run into an issue, when I probably will need to run two applications:

First - mydomain.com that will have its own functionality

Second - sub.mydomain.com that will have totally different functionality

Is it possible to run two applications at the time? (I have a pain account for 1 domain). I know that I can run ONE app, that includes Blueprints where one will be with sub domain. But what about the way I need, that described above?

Thank you in advance!

The whole problem right now, that I need to have different login systems on "main" and "sub" domain. And when I'm talking about two apps, I mean two apps with specified parameter "SERVER_NAME"

So this way:

app1 - SERVER_NAME = "mydomain.com" app2 - SERVER_NAME = "sub.mydomain.com"

Does it make any sense?

hi there, if you want to use two different domains, then you need to configure (and pay for) two different web apps. You can customise your plan at any time via the accounts page.

Thank for your answer, harry. But Sub domain is not a different domain. It is... a sub domain :)

Sure, but it's still two separate websites.

Hello, how do i specify a sub domain on namecheap to point at a web app here. The domain is mine and i need to create a sub domain and point it to a web app, I have paid for two web apps

Does this help? eg: if you want to create a www.domainname.com, and a subdomain.domainname.com, and a secondsubdomain.domainname.com, then after you have created 3 webapps on pythonanywhere, on namecheap you would create 3 cname records with www, subdomain, and secondsubdomain as the "host", and the 3 different webapp-XXXXXX.pythonanywhere.com values we provide as the "value".

It really helps, it came a bit late though. I figured it out. But thank you. It might help someone in the future

Is it allowed for me to use different domains for different webapps that I have here?

I just realized the question has been already answered up there. Thanks

Now, my other problem is this. If I have a running plan, let say one with two webapps currently and then I want to increase the number of webapps, does my previous plan which has not yet expired get cancelled? Or do you add only the price of the increase in the webapps to the old one? How is it done?

we actually switch your settings now but only start charging you the new plan on the next monthly billing date.

Thank you so much