Forums

(just got paid account) Max retries exceeded

I tried connecting to www.trollandtoad.com . However I get this error:

requests.exceptions.ConnectionError: HTTPSConnectionPool(host='www.trollandtoad.com', port=443): Max retries exceeded with url: /p1134548.html (Caused by New ConnectionError('<requests.packages.urllib3.connection.VerifiedHTTPSConnection object at 0x7feb7ef04e80>: Failed to establish a new connection: [Errno 110] C onnection timed out',))

Can you fix it as soon as possible?

How are you running your code? If it's from a console, it needs to be in a console that you started after you upgraded -- older consoles will have your old account settings. If it's in a web app's code, you need to reload the web app.

I just click on the file within python anywhere and then click "run now". I started a new console just now and it still times out. The code does work fine on my local machine, so I'm thinking it may be a whitelist error?

The whitelist doesn't affect paid accounts, but I've taken a closer look and I think that the owners of www.trollandtoad.com have unfortunately decided to block access from cloud services hosted on AWS (which includes PythonAnywhere).