Forums

Postgres Extensions

Does anyone know how to install a postgres extension? I'm looking to install TimeScale (timescale.com) on my postgres database. On virtual images, I've always had terminal access to my postgres server, but I don't know if that's the case on PythonAnywhere.

I don't think it's possible to install extensions that we don't already have included, unfortunately -- I'll double-check that with my colleagues when everyone is back in the office on Monday.

Ok, thanks! Would it be possible to add that extension to the list of included extensions? I don't think I'll be able to use PythonAnywhere for my project without that extension.

I suspect it might be difficult -- but again, let me have a discussion with my colleagues and I'll let you know.

Unfortunately does indeed turn out that we can't add extensions to our Postgres servers right now. We will be creating a new Postgres image at some point in the not-too-distant future, but I can't give a timeline right now. It's unlikely to be before the end of the year.