Forums

region info and extra tools

What ec2 region is being used for the hosting? I ask simply so I put my mongo backend in mongolab in the best place? Also does anyone know if its possible to get any mongo command line tools installed so I can schedule backups?

most of the servers are in US-east-1a.

re the mongo command-line tools, have you tried just downloading them and running them? They will probably just work. We can look to get them added to the base image next time we do a build...

TO be honest I've not tried as I sort of assumed they wouldn't work. Will try though. Thanks. And thanks for the region info.

let us know how you get on!

Hi there! I am located in New Zealand and I get significantly better performance working with Sydney region. It appears that by default account gets provisioned in us-.... (compute-1). Is there any way change the region to boost performance? Thank you

We will let you know when we open an Australian version of PythonAnywhere.

Hi there! I have hosted my website on pythonanywhere in pakistan and facing region issues which is leading towards date problem. Can you please help me out.

We need more details to help you. What do you mean by "region issues leading towards date problem"?

Basically we are posting data where date is selected automatically. So if it's 31st- July in pakistan data must be entered with this date but it fetch the server date and in server it the current date shows 30th July.

You need to make your code timezone aware.