Forums

Twitter account stops updating status at irregular intervals

I set up a simple twitter bot on a loop but it will stop updating its status at irregular intervals. I checked to see if I got an error message from Twitter's API and when I clicked on the console I saw there was no error message and then the bot started back up again. I thought maybe it was that I had used my cpu seconds but that doesn't seem to be the case either; my dashboard read that I had used 0.00% of my CPU seconds with 10 minutes to the reset (i have a free account) but I know that could not be the case since it definitely updated the status (used CPU seconds) within the last 24 hours. Is there some other limit that PA has that I am not aware of?

the code is as follows:

import tweepy, time, fileinput, sys

argfile = "text.txt"

consumer_key = consumer_secret = access_token = access_token_secret =

auth = tweepy.OAuthHandler(consumer_key, consumer_secret) auth.set_access_token(access_token, access_token_secret) api = tweepy.API(auth)

filename=open(argfile,'r') f=filename.readlines() filename.close()

for line in f: api.update_status(line) for line_number, line in enumerate(fileinput.input(argfile, inplace=1)): if line_number == 0: continue else: sys.stdout.write(line) time.sleep(900)#Tweet every 15 minutes

If you are running the code from a console, we do restart those servers periodically for system maintenance. Check out the long running tasks help page to see how to make your script run continuously using scheduled tasks.

Hi. Can someone please help me with my twitter bot. The script that I wrote works fine on my local computer but some how I can’t get it deployed on Pythonanywhere. I keep on getting the error module not found . I am using tweely for this purpose