Forums

Bash console on IE9 (on internal network) hangs on opening...

I don't know if this is of interest to you or not.

Working inside a corporate firewall & proxy. When I use Chrome, PAW works perfectly, including opening consoles in a few seconds.

Using Win7, Internet Explorer 9 9.0.8112.16421, when opening a console in this browser, the message "Starting encrypted connection to consoles-1.pythonanywhere.com on port 433" appears, and then the spinning indicator in front of that prompt spins forever. I get a blue cursor but it's not doing anything.

Like I said, Chrome works fine. Since IE is our standard browser (not everyone has Chrome) and I'd like to show this to some people here, it would be nice if it also worked in IE.

(Not everyone has an iPad, either. :-) )

Any thoughts?

-greg

Oh, I got it to display by changing the response to the "only secure content is displayed" condition. The first time I opened the page that prompt was not displayed. I'm not sure why. It would be nice if that response wasn't required.

Anyway, no big deal, just thought I'd mention it.

-greg

Thanks, Greg. Those are interesting results; our IE support isn't great at the moment, and it might be quite a lot of work to get it working fully... the security warning is interesting, though. We used to use a certificate from RapidSSL which didn't work with some browsers -- mostly older versions of OS/X, but some newer OSes like Android ICS -- and today we replaced it with a Thawte one that (at least from the initial indications) looks much more reliable. Perhaps it will work better now that we've put that in place?