Forums

Upload 199MB Video Failed

I am trying to upload an MP4 (199MB) file to my "/static/video" folder for an existing django project, using the pythonanywhere file upload interface. Within 10 seconds of initiating the upload my connection crashes with a "Secure Connection Failed" error (connection to the page was reset while the page was loading, page you are trying to view cannot be shown because the authenticity of the received data could not be verified, please contact the website owners to inform them of this problem)

I am using Mozilla Firefox 55.0.3, if that sheds any light on the issue. I have a 1GB quota on PythonAnywhere, of which only 16% (162.7MB) has been used, so presumably this is not a space or filesize issue.

Any ideas or suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Regards,

-Matt

Hi there, I wouldn't recommend using the upload button for such a big file. Maybe one of these alternatives intead? https://help.pythonanywhere.com/pages/FTP

Thanks Harry. I came to the same conclusion. Time to take my next baby-step up the learning curve with WinSCP or some such ....

By the way, is there an explicit file size limit with the UPLOAD button? Or do file transfers just start to get hinky and unreliable as files approach some undefined size that we call "large"? I don't recall seeing a size limit posted anywhere, but perhaps I missed it.

Cheers,

-Matt

It seems to me that the largest you could upload before failing is around 20mb.

What do you base that "seems to me" 20MB size limit on?

The good news is that I installed WinSCP 5.11, and it works beautifully to upload files to ssh.pythonanywhere.com.

We do have an explicit limit for file uploads - it's 100MB.

Thanks Glenn. Greatly appreciated!