Forums

Scheduled task disappears but gives no sign it terminated

I have a daily task that runs a script, which I added yesterday. I expect it to take around 1-2 hours to run. I was checking up on it about 45 minutes after it began and noticed it no longer appeared under "Running scheduled tasks". However, when I check the logs for the task there is nothing but a warning from one of the packages I used (which I know was raised within minutes after execution began) - no error message, no exception, no usual printed line of output indicating when it terminated.

Whenever I've checked the logs before, they have either been blank, have printed output of when each last instance of the task terminated, or say "Task has not been run yet". I have not encountered a situation like this before.

I ran it again a 2nd time and this did not happen - guessing it was maintenance?

Hi there,

We did deploy new servers yesterday- you should have gotten an email about scheduled downtime. During these deploys, we start up new servers and the old ones are terminated- which would probably lead to the kind of behaviour you are seeing.