Forums

Contenet delivery Network to sync with PythonAnywhere?

Hi

Our customers (www.dominochinese.com) are mostly in China, so we need a CDN to distribute our videos to them. Currently we are at a testing stage, but we quickly identified that serving the videofiles from Python Anywhere doesn't work. Its just too slow and the video lags -which makes it impossible to use.

My question is how I could assure that whatever file I put in a folder inside our project at PA would be synced to our CDN instead? I can not find any rsync installed on the PA servers. Is there any other way to sync them? Would it be possible to use a dropbox account and sync the CDN and my static folder of my website? I bet that PA wishes me to use a CDN instead of loading the video files from their servers.

And what CDN would you recommend I need one, preferably with servers in HK or mainland China (difficult because it requires licence). Youtube is not an option, because it is blocked in China. Is there anything cheap out there? HK servers seem super expensive. Maybe Thailand would work too?

The simplest way would probably be to use scp, but it depends very much on the CDN you use.