Forums

Java fails to run

I need to do local testing of my app with DynamoDB which requires java. When I try and run java, I get the error java: error while loading shared libraries: libjli.so: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory. Since I don't have root on the system I can't really try and debug the issue. I can't be the first person to run into this, so I'm hoping you have some insight.

Thanks

Sorry, there's not much we can do about that one.

Why not?

We don't support Java I'm afraid...

You made it available on the system though.

Well, the slightly-longer explanation is: we did do some investigations to enable java, and we have an experimental console type ("docker consoles") that will let you run java. but: those consoles have performance issues, and you will only be able to use java in consoles, not web apps or scheduled tasks. So they're of limited use, but I can switch them on for you if you want?

I just wanted to be able to run dynamodb-local during testing: it won't be in support of a web app or scheduled task. If it were possible to run it on here that would be great.

OK -- I've switched your account over to using Docker for consoles, so if you start a new console, Java should work -- but there's no guarantee, as this is still an experimental feature and not officially supported yet. That said, we'd be glad to hear of any error messages you get, as that might be able to help us develop it further and in the future make it an official feature.

Sounds good. Thanks!

Hello, i'm facing the same prob, i'm actually using tika to do some parsing, as its server is in java i'm stuck with "java: error while loading shared libraries: libjli.so: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory".

Could it be possible to activate this experimental feature to my account too ? Else i'll explore a pure python solution for my parsing problem.

Thanks in advance, Florent

ok. that's active for you now. same caveats before tho!