Forums

ImproperlyConfigured: The included urlconf <proj>.urls doesn't have any patterns in it

I am seeing this error in my fresh django setup. I am trying to get the project template from https://github.com/xenith/django-base-template going. Which goes very smooth on my local machine. I have setup a virtualenv with Django 1.6.1 and that is working fine. A normal project via

django-admin.py startproject testproject

runs without problems. The mentioned template has the mentioned following error in the logs. Are there any restrictions I should know about?

django.core.exceptions.ImproperlyConfigured: The included urlconf wifdod.urls doesn't have any patterns in it

Thanks!

It sounds like you just don't have any URLs in one of your urls.py files -- if you like, I can take a look at your files and check.

One possibility -- if you've just updated your code (perhaps adding URLs), you need to reload it from the web tab.

Yes I understand the reloading for the webserver, did that. The empty url can only come from one of the admin urls. It works in my local env out of the box.

Please feel free to look around, there is nothing that can take damage yet.

Hmm. I'm not seeing that particular error in your logs right now -- it looks more like a problem in the WSGI file, where on line 11 there's a typo -- you have projdor instead of projdir

Ah yes, apologies. Fixing the typo shows the correct error ;)

Are you using the Django debug toolbar? This GitHub post suggests some problems like that that can occur when you add that to your INSTALLED_APPS.

That's it! Thanks. I am not having this issue in my local env though.

Perhaps you have a different version of the Django debug toolbar locally to the one installed on PythonAnywhere?