Forums

[Errno 122] Disk quota exceeded

Hi,

I get the following error when trying to install scipy, even-though I should have more than enough space (only 219MB used out of 512MB, 43%). I did not have such problem for previous packages (pandas, pickle,...).

Error: Disk quota exceeded

Any ideas why it might happen?

Maybe scipy needs more space to install than you have?

did you solve your problem? I'm having this problem now

did you solve your problem? I'm having this problem now

@antonioACR1 -- your free account has 512MiB of disk space, so if you're using up a large amount of that for other stuff, you won't be able to install big packages like scipy. It is installed by default, though, so perhaps you don't need to install it?

@giles Thank you for your response. If I import the required libraries for my app using Python 2.7 then I get the following error

Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "<stdin>", line 1, in <module>
  File "/home/antonioACR1/.virtualenvs/my-virtualenv/local/lib/python2.7/site-packages/scipy/__init__.py", line 109, in <module>
    from scipy._lib._version import NumpyVersion as _NumpyVersion
ImportError: No module named _lib._version

However this error dissapears when I use Python 3.5, but in that case I get another error

File "/home/antonioACR1/flaskapp1/flask_app.py", line 9, in <module>
    from flaskext.mysql import MySQL
ImportError: No module named 'flaskext'

because I need MySQL for my app. I installed flask-mysql using pip in my-virtualenv. Could you please tell me what might be the problem?

[edit by admin: formatting]

From the first error, it looks like the failed installation of ScipPy left things in an inconsistent state. I'd recommend deleting the virtualenv and then re-creating it, and installing the packages you need again.

I've got the same problem trying to upgrade torch, though my disk quota is 5 GB with only 3.1 GB used, and the older version of torch worked normally. What can be wrong with it?

It may be that the new version is larger; when you install a package, pip downloads it, then extracts it into the place where it should go, then deletes the original download. So temporarily you need about twice the total installed size of the package -- for the downloaded version, and for the extracted version.

Your best bet is to temporarily upgrade your account to one with more storage, then to downgrade again to the smaller disk space once the install is done. Although you'll need to enter your card details as part of the upgrade and the downgrade, you won't be charged anything until your next billing date, so as long as you do the downgrade quickly after the install, you won't pay anything extra.

Thank you, giles! It worked.

Thanks for confirming that, @receiptparser.

File "/home/chinna/.virtualenvs/vsu/lib/python3.9/site-packages/django/core/files/storage.py", line 279, in _save _file.close() OSError: [Errno 122] Disk quota exceeded

Your account has 512M of storage. If you're using more than that or if the file that you're trying to write would take you over that, you will not be able to create new files.