Forums

Python 3 point what?

Hello good folk!

I've been trying to install the dev-version of django-compressor, which works fine on my local machine with Python 3.3.3, but on PA the installation fails with a TypeError.

I've noticed that python --version is "3.3.2+". What does that mean? Is this a problem with django-compressor or are you running some kind of custom Python version?

It's a standard version 3.2, but we compile it ourselves from source which is probably why it's reporting the odd version number. So my guess is that it's an incompatibility between django-compressor and Python 3.2, but I can't say for certain. Could you give the full exception stack trace?

Python 3 is not really supported by django-compressor yet, I got it working by installing the dev version - but I take it that there is still some work to do. I was able to easily make my code Python2-compatible so I'm running that for now. I unfortunately didn't save the stack trace and getting it again would mean reinstalling the python3-env... Thank you anyway for your help!

And happy new year! :-)

No problem, glad you got it working -- and a very happy New Year to you too!