Forums

How can I have two PA account to share one Dropbox

I have an old PA account, linked to my Dropbox, works well. Now I created a new PA account, the one I am using, for my business, but still want to link to the same Dropbox email. I did set the email, but looks like it doesn't work, my new PA account cannot pull out the Dropbox shared folder. May I have some help here. Thanks!

Hi there -- I can see a share that came in for you at 9 this morning -- does that mean you managed to sort it out?

No, looks like only dropbox shared folder's owner would be able to share with dropbox@pythonanywhere.com, isn't it? If the owner want to invite another pythonanywhere user id to co-work, is that possible?

sorry, energybean is also me, I have multiple accounts.

@energybean/tianzebtc: Just try it and see if it works...☺

The way we decide which account to put dropbox shares in is by looking at the dropbox email address we have on file. You can set that on the "setup dropbox" dialog in the files menu.

So, I think this might work: log into the old account, and set the dropbox email to some incorrect email address -- maybe another address you control. this won't affect the old share. But now, go to your new account, set up the dropbox email, and then re-do the share and it should end up in the new folder as well... i think!

if it doesn't work, ping us another shout, and maybe we can set it up manually for you...

@harry: Always willing to please...☺

I really need to come visit ya'll & take the staff out for a pint.

~a2j